- Community Impact
- Volunteer Center
- Contact us
Starting a United Way Campaign At Your Workplace
United Way of Wapello County raises hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, helping strengthen our community and the people who live here. We raise and distribute charitable dollars to programs that focus on EDUCATION, INCOME and HEALTH. About 87 percent of those funds are raised through workplace campaigns. If you'd like to introduce a workplace campaign to your company, contact Desiree Johnson at 641-682-1264 email@example.com.
Benefits of a United Way Workplace Campaign
Running a United Way campaign benefits both your company and your community. Your business benefits by:
- Increased employee morale and teamwork. Companies that run annual employee giving campaigns document higher morale and teamwork. Employees learn about services provided by United Way and work together to plan and engage fun activities to raise money as a company: barbeques, raffles, games, special incentives for givers like jeans day, or parking in an executive parking space.
- A healthier region. Our region benefits from healthier residents - even those not employed in your business. Your business will prosper more in a healthier region. Other businesses will stay here and add employees. Businesses outside our area will invest here if we have a well-educated workforce, attractive and safe neighborhoods, a strong educational system, a renewed downtown and social services that address and reduce health and human service needs.
- Tax benefits
- Community and media recognition
Our community will also benefit from your campaign by:
- Local focus. Your United Way gift stays here to advance the common good in our community.
- Wide impact. It is estimated that 1 out of 4 people in Wapello County are impacted through United Way.
- Quality programs. United Way ensures that your money funds quality programs that work to advance the common good by focusing on EDUCATION, INCOME and HEALTH. These are the building blocks for a good life - a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
- Additional resources. United Way connects people to services and assistance across their region through our information and referral line. Call 2-1-1 from a landline in Iowa, or toll free at 1-866-469-2211 or 319-739-4211.
If you're ready for a workplace campaign, contact Desiree Johnson at 641-682-1264 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why United Way?
We know you have many options when deciding how to invest your time and financial resources.
- United Way is working to advance the common good in our community by maintaining a targeted focus on education, income and health. These are the building blocks for a good life - Education is essential to getting and keeping a job with a livable wage and health benefits. An income adequate to pay for today's necessities and save for the future provides families some sense of financial stability. Access to quality health care keeps children on track in school and adults productive at work. Remove anyone of these building blocks and the other two topple.
- Working with many partners, United Way continually looks for the most effective ways to help people gain access to educational, economic and health-related opportunities. United Way brings diverse people and resources together to address the most urgent issues our community faces. Through unique partnerships and approaches, United Way mobilizes resources beyond the dollars that are pledged through fundraising efforts. Community partners often include schools, governments, businesses, organized labor, financial institutions, voluntary and neighborhood associations, community development corporations, and the faith community.
- Our goal is to create long-lasting changes that prevent problems from happening in the first place.
- Uncommon efficiency. Our United Way works hard to keep fund-raising costs low - more than 90 cents of every dollar contributed goes directly to help people in our community. Less than 10 cents is spent for fundraising and administrative costs. Compare this with the average 30 to 40 cents spent on overhead by most charities nationally.
- Resources. We provide a staff lesson, training, an online toolkit, printed collateral and more. Our goal is to make your campaign successful, and we'll walk with you every step of the way.
Ready to try a campaign? Contact Desiree Johnson at 641-682-1264 email@example.com.
How Can I Help?
- Run an employee campaign. We have a strong community thanks to the local companies that offer their employees the opportunity to give back through a workplace campaign. Please give your employees the chance to join in this community-wide effort.
- Give a corporate gift. Our community has one of the highest levels of United Way corporate giving. A Corporate gift illustrates your organization's commitment to the community through United Way.
- Give a Leadership gift. Your personal commitment to improve the community through a United Way gift of $1,000 or more. Leadership givers are eligible for special recognition.
- Hold a special event. Many local companies hold special event fundraisers for the United Way. Some ideas include bake sales, candy sales, cook-outs, change wars, garage sales and golf tournaments.
To discuss a workplace campaign or another way to get involved, contact Desiree Johnson at 641-682-1264 or firstname.lastname@example.org.