The United Way of Wapello County Benson Scholarship was made possible by George Benson's generous support of United Way and our endowment fund. Each year, a volunteer committee selects scholarship recipients based on their commitment to advancing United Way's mission: improving education, financial stability, and health in Wapello County.
- Scholarship(s) of up to $2,500 will be awarded annually.
- Applications will be accepted through April 1, 2020.
- Students may be awarded funds a maximum of four times.
- Must live or attend school in Wapello County.
- Must demonstrate alignment of current or future endeavors to the United Way mission (as stated in the submitted essay).
- A background check will be performed prior to funds being awarded
To apply, please complete the Application Form below. All fields are required, and incomplete applications will not be considered.