United Way of Wapello County advances the common good through sustainable, measurable improvements to our communities' education, income, and health.
United Way of Wapello County envisions thriving communities where residents are educated, have income stability, and lead healthy lives.
United Way of Wapello County is guided by its core values of Integrity, Results, Collaboration, Excellence, Accountability, and Diversity.
United Way of Wapello County works to advance the common good by focusing on the three building blocks for a good quality of life – education, income and health. United Way unites the people and organizations from all across Wapello county who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done and we need you to join us. You can give, you can advocate and you can volunteer. When we work together in common purpose, we Live United.
How does United Way make change happen in our community? We:
· Listen to the community to learn what challenges in education, income and health people care most about, and what ideas they have to make things better
· Work together to figure out the strategies that have the best chance of solving our toughest problems
· Turn those strategies into something concrete that people want to invest in, with their money, time and expertise
· Use those resources wisely to achieve our challenging goals
· Keep people in the loop by reporting back, listening to what they have to say, and gaining ever-greater knowledge of our community