UNITED WAY OF WAPELLO COUNTY
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site Coordinator provides coordination, organization, and supervision for all aspects of the VITA site operation. This is a part-time (15 hours per week average) seasonal position that begins in mid-October and ends the middle of April.
Site Coordinator Responsibilities:
· Ensures the site is in compliance with all IRS VITA site requirements.
· Maintain relationship with IRS office for obtaining site materials and other pertinent information.
· Recruits volunteers and schedules volunteers for the site.
· Ensures that VITA site is open as scheduled and ensures adequate volunteer coverage, supplies, tax materials, and equipment is maintained.
· Ensures that all tax returns are electronically filed with the IRS in a timely manner and that acknowledgements are reviewed.
· Ensures rejected returns are either corrected or the taxpayer is contacted.
· Ensures that a quality review is conducted on each return prepared by volunteer tax preparers.
· Promotes the VITA program throughout the community, including radio, television, and print.
· Maintains accurate records of volunteer certifications and volunteer hours.
· Answers taxpayer questions regarding tax law or their tax return.
· Compile post‐season reports for end‐of‐season wrap‐up and evaluation.
· Plan/host volunteer recognition event at the end of the filing season.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Community Impact Associate
Site Coordinator Qualifications:
· Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
· Basic tax knowledge (Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ).
· Complete all training and certification requirements. Pass the IRS Tax Test at the Advanced Level. Basic tax training and certification will be provided.
· Basic computer skills for inputting tax return information into tax software (TaxWise).
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to manage all‐volunteer staff.
· Must be flexible and dependable with ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
· Must have dependable transportation, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
Embodies Organizational Values
External Factors and Physical Requirements
Work is performed primarily indoors with regular local travel in the Wapello County area.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The United Way of Wapello County reserves the right to review each requested accommodation and determine if such poses an undue hardship.
The description given is intended only to provide information about the general nature of the job and is not an all-inclusive list of the job duties, skills or abilities which may change from time-to-time.
Interested persons can send their cover letter and resume to:
United Way of Wapello County
PO Box 1778
Or e-mail to: