Since 1965, United Way of Wapello County has been dedicated to improving lives in Wapello County. We bring together businesses, nonprofits, government, and individuals to tackle the challenges facing our local communities. Together with our partners, we implement strategies that get lasting results.
United Way of Wapello County fights for the financial stability, education and health of every person, in every community that we serve.
United Way of Wapello County envisions thriving communities where residents are educated, have income stability, and lead healthy lives.
United Way of Wapello County is guided by its core values of Integrity, Results, Collaboration, Excellence, Accountability, and Diversity.
How does United Way make change happen in our community? We:
- Listen to the community to learn what challenges our communities are facing, and what ideas they have to make things better.
- Work together to find strategies that have the best chance of solving our toughest problems.
- Turn those strategies into something concrete that people want to invest in- with their dollars, time and expertise.
- Use those resources wisely to achieve our common goals.
- Evaluate results to ensure progress and refine our strategies.
- Keep people in the loop by reporting back, listening to what they have to say, and gaining ever-greater knowledge of our community